Stop #4: Sicily
- clear blue skies and sunshine
- running with Jojo and Rachael along the Mediterranean
- Visiting the Catacombs! (freaky and I will probably never visit another one)
- beach whaling it on the sand reading and getting sunburned
- staying in an ADORABLE bed and breakfast
- learning how to play euchre (a card game)
- buying strawberries from the street vendor and dipping them in nutella–only to be washed down with a cup of coffee. YUM!
- finding Fanta for 1 euro
- hiking up Mt. Etna and seeing it explode!
- buying a pair of cool earrings (intended for a gift, but..things have changed)
- successfully creating the “fishtail” braid
- dinner and desert with a live jazz band!
- group travel tension (after 13 days together, patience was running low and crabbiness settled in)
- paying 1. 60 euros for a shitty cup of coffee
- feeling slightly guilty about sneaking a 5th person into the B&B while only paying for 4….Then my friend Colleen said, “Don’t worry, Annie, Europe owes us money.” (paying for toilets, ryan air fees, etc 🙂
- annoying kids on public transport (I know they get bored, but the little girl reciting the alphabet in spanish over and over was putting herself in a ‘spanking highly likely’ zone)
- the Italian man on the bus who had really well groomed eyebrows
- waking up to the smell of fish (our hostel was located right next to the market….cool, but sick)
Sicily was incredible and definitely a place I would recommend to all my homies out there looking for a taste of Italy.
ps: HMFSO to my Canadian roommate, Rachael for those really vibrant pictures in the slideshow 🙂